The CT RollerGirls are excited to offer the 4th Annual Cindy Luberto Scholarship for Women Athletes in 2015!
Established in 2012, this scholarship recognizes a dedicated and enthusiastic Connecticut woman athlete who has a passion for her sport, whatever it may be.
Roller derby is a unique sport with hundreds of thousands of passionate followers around the world. Since its modern resurgence in the 21st century, roller derby is now the fastest growing women’s sport in the world.
Woman athletes may come from many backgrounds, and enjoy a variety of sports, but often only those excelling in more traditional sports receive recognition with athletic awards and scholarships. The members of The CT RollerGirls, Inc, believe that sports (traditional or non-) can be an important part of a well-rounded life, and value the diversity of experience that each of its members contribute to the roller derby and sporting community. In that spirit, CTRG has created this scholarship opportunity to recognize woman athletes in Connecticut who have a passion for their sport, whatever it may be.
2015 Scholarship information
The CT RollerGirls will be accepting applications for the Cindy Luberto Scholarship, a $500 non-renewable scholarship intended to benefit a woman athlete in recreational, community, or school athletics.
- be a woman-identified student athlete, participating in recreational, community, or school athletics
- be attending a Connecticut college or university in the Fall of 2015, or be a Connecticut resident attending any college or university in the Fall of 2015
- provide a 250-word essay describing her passion for the sport that she plays, with emphasis on how her sport or her participation is unique
- provide a photograph of herself in action or representing her sport
- agree to allow CT RollerGirls, Inc. to use submitted information and photograph in promotional materials
- complete and submit the application and recommendation by May 15th, 2015
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past or current members of CTRG or the immediate family of any current CTRG member are ineligible.
Winner will be notified in June and will be invited to be recognized at a future CTRG home bout.
Or applicants may also download and print a copy of the application and submit by email attachment to email@example.com or by mail to CT RollerGirls Scholarship, PO Box 1774, Naugatuck CT 06770. Online application is preferred.
Deadline: May 15, 2015
If you would like to help us continue to provide this unique opportunity to recognize passionate women athletes in our communities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to donate to support the CT RollerGirls Scholarship for Women Athletes!